We all judge, we judge others by their appearance. We judge them by how they treat us or another. We judge ourselves. We may tell ourselves, “Whatever I do isn’t good enough” or “I’m not smart enough”. Whatever the voices of judgment are, it’s important to pay attention to them.
If you were raised in an environment of praise and unconditional love, you most likely have positive thoughts. If however, you were raised with demeaning criticism or abuse, negative thoughts may keep you from living a full and joyful life.
Here are 5 things you can do to move from the heavy feelings of negativity to the lightness of feeling positive.
- Become aware when that judgment or negative thought comes in.
- Breathe into the feeling without judgment of it and make room for the feeling, give it space.
- Send a bubble of light to where you feel this negative thought.
- Replace it with a forgiveness statement. For example: “I forgive myself for believing I’m not smart enough.
- Say the positive statement, “I am smart enough, I love and approve of myself unconditionally.”
It may take a little time to believe these new suggestions, but the more you do this, the better you’ll feel.